[kc_heading_pac_3_headline_1 size=”36″ color=”#111111″ ]Customized, Onsite New Supervisor Training[/kc_heading_pac_3_headline_1]
[kc_heading_pac_6_headline_1 size=”30″ color=”#831518″ ]Here are the Keys to Successful Leadership Results – Right from the Start[/kc_heading_pac_6_headline_1]
Getting promoted (especially to a supervisory role) is exciting . . . and scary. With a promotion to leadership, supervision or management comes some unexpected challenges and changes in roles, responsibilities, relationships, and perspectives.
Many new supervisors…
- Don’t really know what is expected of them.
- Got promoted over friends or peers, and aren’t sure how to make those relationships work.
- Got the job . . . and others on the team wanted it (badly).
Leadership is complex to start with, and when you add all of these concerns on top of it, it can be daunting.
Given all of that, new supervisors also want to. . .
- Do well… but they want to do more than survive, or stumble around trying to learn it all by trial and error.
- Be successful.
- Make a difference.
Given that they are moving into a new world with new rules, new expectations, and calling for new skills, do they have the support, knowledge and skills they need to succeed?
Are they getting the training they need?
Sadly, according to careerbuilder.com more than 60% of new leaders don’t get any training at all.
If you are looking for quality, focused, practical supervisor training, you’ve come to the right place. Since October 2009, we’ve been facilitating a workshop across America with people from organizations of all types and sizes in nearly any industry you can name. We co-developed the workshop with The Kevin Eikenberry Group, and we can deliver the same training for your organization.
Here’s What People Are Saying about the Public Workshop:
[contentbox width=”400″ borderwidth=”1″ borderstyle=”solid” bordercolor=”155872″ dropshadow=”5″ backgroundcolor=”D3ECF7″ radius=”10″]“This was a great seminar with tons of useful information! I definitely have more tools to use in my tool kit. The presentation styles made this seminar very engaging! Will definitely recommend to others!”
– Bryan Nguyen, Florida Virtual School[/contentbox]
[contentbox width=”400″ borderwidth=”1″ borderstyle=”solid” bordercolor=”155872″ dropshadow=”5″ backgroundcolor=”D3ECF7″ radius=”10″]“I could not have asked for more! Very clear and well spoken. Excellent balance between humor, content and group involvement.”
– Carol Hellickson, Ranier View Water Company[/contentbox]
[contentbox width=”400″ borderwidth=”1″ borderstyle=”solid” bordercolor=”155872″ dropshadow=”5″ backgroundcolor=”D3ECF7″ radius=”10″]“The information provided during the seminar will be very useful in my personal transition of going from “Bud to Boss” and becoming a great leader and inspiring others to become leaders.”
– Emily Riggs, Iasis Healthcare[/contentbox]
The public version of this training is called The Bud to Boss Workshop, and it an interactive, engaging and practical two-day workshop for new supervisors and leaders – or those making a new transition at any point in their leadership career. It is jam-packed with ideas and skills to make the supervisors in your organization more confident in the role and more successful with their teams and in their careers!
The Bud to Boss Workshop incorporates and brings to life the tips and techniques outlined in the best-selling book, From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership, co-authored by Kevin Eikenberry and Guy Harris that was written, in part, to answer the specific questions new leaders ask them every day.
What You Can Expect from this Workshop
The workshop is divided into these six important sections, designed to help people build their skills one step at a time.
- Succeeding in Your Supervisor Role
- Communication Skills for Successful Supervisors
- Coaching and Feedback for Real Results
- Leading and Championing Change
- Leading Teams to Higher Performance
- Setting and Getting Goals (For Yourself and Others)
Specifically, participants will learn . . .
- How to create a personal definition of leadership
- 13 keys to leadership success
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]How to transition to the supervisory/leadership role, “from Bud to Boss”[/hilight]
- The 11 components of the supervisor role
- The control/empowerment balance
- The power of expectations
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]How to effectively communicate with different people[/hilight]
- 7 ways to make your communication more powerful, persuasive and memorable
- 6 ways to listen better at work tomorrow – and every day
- 6 keys to winning presentations
- Use the Coaching ABC’s
- 3 sources of feedback
- 4 types of feedback
- 10 ways to give better feedback
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]6 ways to make performance reviews less painful and more effective[/hilight]
- 10 ways to be more supportive
- How to use a practical coaching model
- The 4 levers of change – what they are and how to use them
- The critical differences between managing, leading and championing change
- Why resistance doesn’t have to be a bad thing
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]3 ways to overcome resistance[/hilight]
- 5 ways to accelerate organizational change
- How to use the 4 stages of team development
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]How to manage conflict on the team[/hilight]
- 3 ways to increase team energy and effectiveness
- 7 keys to better meetings
- The role of a team leader
- 5 keys to a successful goal-setting mindset – and why it is important
- 10 steps to setting achievable goals
- How to engage others in team goal setting
- [hilight color=”F4FA41″]5 ways to improve goal achievement success[/hilight]